Major Gifts Officer
Lions Foundation Canada Guide Dogs
Breslau, ON, Canada
$65,000 – $75,000
As part of LFCDG’s Strategic Plan, which calls for revenue diversification and growth, we are seeking our
first Major Gifts Officer. Reporting to the Director of Campaigns, Major and Planned Gifts, the Major Gifts
Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individuals and family
foundations. This new role will focus on the growth of major donors.
• Develop and implement plans and strategies that identify, engage, cultivate, solicit and steward a major gift pipeline of individual donor prospects with a personal revenue target of $500,000
• Develop donor solicitation and engagement strategies, preparing strategic fundraising materials including proposals
• Create and implement strategic donor communications including timely acknowledgments, impact reports, e-communication and other material to ensure meaningful gift fulfillment and enhancement of the relationship between donors and LFC.
• Ensure the prospect pipeline is developed and maintained at a level sufficient to achieve LFC’s major gift-giving goals.
• Ensure that requests for information from donors and prospects are addressed quickly.
• Engage with donors who are at midlevel giving to build and strengthen relationships with LFC and understand current and future capacity.
• Work with colleagues to coordinate moves management while recording all information in Salesforce
• Analyze and monitor progress towards established goals; recommend adjustments as required in order to meet targets.
• Maintain and provide timely reports on key activity and results to Director of Campaigns and Major Gifts
• Develop and monitor annual revenue and expense budget
• Attends events and speaking engagements to increase awareness and support
• Valid G2/G Driver’s License required
• Dental care
• Employee assistance program
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• Paid vacation
What You Bring
• Minimum of five years of direct experience soliciting and stewarding individual donors at the $10,000+ level in a not-for-profit organization
• Possess a passion for philanthropy and a strong understanding of donor relationship management.
• Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
• Superior verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking
• Strong organization and analytical skills
• Superb customer and donor relation skills
• Ability to develop and manage a program budget
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to work in a results-orientated environment
• Ability to work independently and on various tasks simultaneously
• Strong computer skills related to Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficiency in Salesforce or relational databases and donor database reporting