R. Denninger Limited
777 Guelph Line, Burlington, ON, Canada
The Cashier is responsible for customer service at the checkout in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner.
● Scan items into the Point of Sale scanner to determine how much a customer owes Denninger’s for their purchase.
● Collect payment for the customer purchase.
● Ensures that customers are processed through the checkout in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner.
● Informs Department Head of all items that are not scanning properly.
● Ensures that the checkout area is kept clean and stocked at all times.
● Bags and boxes groceries or Bistro items.
● May perform pickups or day end cash balancing as required.
● General housekeeping (sweeping, mopping, restroom maintenance).
● May assist with Curbside orders.
● All other duties as directed by Store Management.
● Associate training focused on developing practical skills
● 20% Staff discount across all locations
● Perks Program (Monthly Super Staff Discounts, Goodlife Discount, Perkopolis and more)
● Immediate health, vision and dental benefits upon hire
● Employee Assistance Program
● Access to 24/7 virtual health care
● Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
What You Bring
● Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and other departments within the organization.
● Strong customer service skills are required.
● Basic math skills are required.
● Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
● Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the store.
● Ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
Step 1: Fill out the candidate referral form and upload your resume when prompted. Every applicant will receive a screening call from either Jackie or Donald.
Step 2: Candidates who are recommended to Denninger's will be advised to apply through their online Applicant Tracking System after the screening call.