About the Role
Responsible for cutting and preparing fresh meat products to Denninger’s standards. Also responsible for serving customers at the Meat Counter in a courteous and friendly manner.
Assists customers in the selection of cuts of meat, and other products sold at the meat counter.
Cuts fresh meat products to Denninger’s specifications.
Prepares fresh meat value added products to Denninger’s standards.
Weighs, prices and wraps products selected by customers.
Monitor quality of product and report any concerns to the Department Head.
May use slicers, saws, knives and tenderizers.
Assists in the end of day clean up and storage of meats for the Meat Counter
Assists in the stocking of the self service counter of vacuum packed meat and kitchen items
and ensures proper product rotation.
May prepare special orders for customers.
Ensures that the Meat Counter area and meat coolers are safe, clean, sanitary and visually appealing.
May assist with Curbside orders.
Other duties as directed by Store Management.
What We Offer:
A rewarding and fun work atmosphere
Flexible work schedules
Employee Recognition Program
20% Staff discount across all locations
50% Staff discount at our Bistro/ Bitehaus
Perks Program (Monthly Super Staff Discounts, Goodlife Discount, Perkopolis and more)
Immediate health, vision and dental benefits upon hire
Employee Assistance Program
Access to 24/7 virtual health care
Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
What You Bring:
● 1 - 2 years experience as a Meat Cutter are prefered.
● Excellent knife skills are required.
● Formal education in a Culinary or Meat Cutting program is an asset.
● Must be comfortable working with meat (Beef, Pork, Chicken and Seafood).
● Experience working with equipment such as a grinder, power saw, slicer and/or tenderizer is an
● Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
● Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and other departments within the
● Strong customer service skills are required.
● Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
● Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the store.
Essential Job Functions
● Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
● Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders.
● Bend and twist the upper body, reach above and below shoulders.
● Bend and lift loads, up to 50 pounds.
● Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
● Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
● Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc)
About the Company
R. Denninger Limited is one of the finest food companies in the world. For more than 60 years, quality
has been the founding criteria of our company. Denninger’s has five retail locations, a manufacturing
plant and a warehouse all located throughout Southern Ontario. Denninger’s associates are hand
picked to provide the best service in the industry. If you have a passion for customer service and thrive
in a team environment, Denninger’s is the place for you!