About the Role
Responsible for providing great food experiences through comprehensive cheese knowledge and effective merchandising, including proper product handling and presentation.
Courteously assists customers through expert cheese knowledge, assessing their needs and / or
preferences and providing recommendations
Assists in creating and maintaining curated cheese displays, including pairings and value added
items, making suggestions where appropriate to support the Company’s marketing plan
Assists with stocking and merchandising, rotating products per food safety standards
Ability to correctly handle and cut different types of cheeses
Assist with packaging, weighing, and taping of products
Assist with departmental receiving and invoices
Assist with departmental ordering
May assist with the dairy department and / or curbside orders
All other duties as assigned by Management.
What We Offer:
A rewarding and fun work atmosphere
Flexible work schedules
Employee Recognition Program
20% Staff discount across all locations
50% Staff discount at our Bistro/ Bitehaus
Perks Program (Monthly Super Staff Discounts, Goodlife Discount, Perkopolis and more)
Immediate health, vision and dental benefits upon hire
Employee Assistance Program
Access to 24/7 virtual health care
Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
What You Bring:
● Genuine passion for cheese is required
● Strong customer service skills are required
● Professional Cheesemonger Certification or comparable education is a strong asset
● Experience working with cheese slicers, overhead wrapping machines and vacuum pack machines is considered an asset.
● Basic math skills are required
● Ability to work independently and part of a team
● Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the store
Essential Job Functions
● Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
● Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders.
● Bend and twist the upper body, reach above and below shoulders.
● Bend and lift loads, up to 50 pounds.
● Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
● Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
About the Company
R. Denninger Limited is one of the finest food companies in the world. For more than 60 years, quality
has been the founding criteria of our company. Denninger’s has five retail locations, a manufacturing
plant and a warehouse all located throughout Southern Ontario. Denninger’s associates are hand
picked to provide the best service in the industry. If you have a passion for customer service and thrive
in a team environment, Denninger’s is the place for you!