About the Role
The Cashier is responsible for customer service at the checkout in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner.
Scan items into the Point of Sale scanner to determine how much a customer owes
Denninger’s for their purchase.
Collect payment for the customer purchase.
Ensures that customers are processed through the checkout in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner.
Informs Department Head of all items that are not scanning properly.
Ensures that the checkout area is kept clean and stocked at all times.
Bags and boxes groceries or Bistro items.
May perform pickups or day end cash balancing as required.
General housekeeping (sweeping, mopping, restroom maintenance).
May assist with Curbside orders.
All other duties as directed by Store Management.
What We Offer:
A rewarding and fun work atmosphere
Flexible work schedules
Employee Recognition Program
20% Staff discount across all locations
50% Staff discount at our Bistro/ Bitehaus
Perks Program (Monthly Super Staff Discounts, Goodlife Discount, Perkopolis and more)
Immediate health, vision and dental benefits upon hire
Employee Assistance Program
Access to 24/7 virtual health care
Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
What You Bring:
● Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and other departments within the organization.
● Strong customer service skills are required.
● Basic math skills are required.
● Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
● Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the store.
● Ability to work under pressure.
Essential Job Functions
● Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
● Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders.
● Bend and twist the upper body, reach above and below shoulders.
● Bend and lift loads, up to a maximum of 50 pounds.
● Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
● Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
About the Company
R. Denninger Limited is one of the finest food companies in the world. For more than 60 years, quality
has been the founding criteria of our company. Denninger’s has five retail locations, a manufacturing
plant and a warehouse all located throughout Southern Ontario. Denninger’s associates are hand
picked to provide the best service in the industry. If you have a passion for customer service and thrive
in a team environment, Denninger’s is the place for you!