Vancouver, BC, Canada
The primary purpose of this position is to provide first rate customer service to the public on the trains and in the stations.
The position is responsible for customer assistance, fare inspection, passenger counts, limited
mechanical/electrical fault correction, emergency response, security, and minor custodial functions.
Manual operations of trains during some emergencies and disruptions are a key function of this position.
Successful completion of training and testing for manual operation of trains is a requirement of the job.
For faregate monitoring only, additional duties include faregate monitoring, activation of all faregates, and receiving customer assistance calls from either Brentwood monitoring station or Sea Bus North at Lonsdale Quay.
This is a unionized position with CUPE
• Join a workforce with a shared purpose: We’re clear about our mission, vision, and values and take action on issues that matter.
• Be part of an organization that cares about your well-being: We empower our people to leverage the tools, supports, and resources available to them through our holistic health and wellness offerings.
• Have autonomy over how you work: We offer flexible arrangements and encourage innovative ways of working. Eligibility and offerings vary by role, department, and division.
• Take advantage of personal and professional growth opportunities: We provide development opportunities including mentorships, tuition reimbursements, and leadership development.
• Join a community: We help our people strengthen their connections to work, family, and community.
What You Bring
• High school graduation or equivalent.
• Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license.
• First aid training to St. John’s standard level or better is preferred.
• Additional experience for faregate monitoring duties only: Basic computer skills, including typing.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Demonstrated ability to deal courteously and effectively with others.
• Solid customer service skills.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please fill out a Candidate Referral Form. An Inclusive Workforce Specialist will be in touch to set up a pre-screening interview.