Senior Financial Analyst
Microserve is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Finance Team. This role can be both hybrid and/or remote contingent upon candidate’s location. This role reports directly into the Vice President of Finance and will be leading a small team. The Senior Financial Analyst plays a critical role in helping Microserve make informed financial decisions, allocate resources effectively, and achieve its strategic objectives. Senior Financial Analyst will be an important contributor to the selection and implementation of the new ERP system. The successful candidate will need strong analytical skills, proficiency in financial software and tools, and excellent communication abilities.
• Process Improvement: Responsible for development and implementation of new tools and processes aimed at Finance team’s efficiency improvement.
• Information Integrity Monitoring: Cross-functional collaboration aimed at ensuring information integrity between various information systems.
• Financial Planning and Forecasting: Responsible for creating and maintaining financial models and forecasts. They analyze historical financial data, market trends, and operational metrics to project future financial performance / align with management.
• Budgeting and Variance Analysis & KPI analytics: Work closely with leaders to develop annual budgets and compare actual performance against budgeted figures. They investigate and explain variances, providing insights into areas of overperformance or underperformance. Work with leaders to review KPI’s and identify trends proactively.
• Financial Reporting: Responsible for report accuracy and preparation / distribution of financial reports to leaders and key stakeholders. These reports include income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and other relevant financial metrics including ad hoc reports upon request from leadership.
• Cost Analysis: Conduct detailed cost analyses to identify areas where cost savings can be achieved or to evaluate the profitability of products, projects, or business units.
• Financial Modeling: Build complex financial models to support decision-making processes. These models may be used for scenario analysis, valuation, or sensitivity testing. Participate in bid reviews / run pricing analyses.
• Risk Assessment and Management: Identify and analyze financial risks that could impact the company’s profitability.
• Audits: Participation in audits (external and internal) by producing necessary reports (financial and non-financial).
• Leadership: Effectively manage and coach a team to drive efficiencies and optimization of processes/standards. Will be responsible for hiring, onboarding, training, and performance management of employees. In addition to participating in Microserve’ s annual employee process. Work closely with other departments, such as sales, marketing, operations, and operations (supply chain), to gather data, provide financial insights, and support decision-making.
• Investment Analysis: In collaboration with the VP Finance evaluate potential investment opportunities to assess the financial viability, risks, and potential returns associated with these investments.
• Presentation and Communication: Present financial information and analysis to senior management and stakeholders, providing clear and concise explanations of complex financial concepts.
Other duties as assigned.
In addition to getting the job done, we're also committed to creating a culture that makes work rewarding. Along with the standard, high-quality benefits you expect from any top-tier employer, our folks also enjoy:
• A strong sense of community across the organization
• A casual, relaxed work environment
• Dog-friendly offices
• A full calendar of corporate activities, like holiday celebrations, bowling nights, seasonal outings and more
What You Bring
• 3-5 years’ experience as Financial Analyst
• A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field
• CPA, CMA or CPA designated (or student)
• Expert Excel skills are a must
• Strong knowledge of Power BI
• Strong understanding of ERP and relational database
• Experience with ERP implementations is an asset
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills are essential for interpreting financial data, creating models, and making informed recommendations
• Effective written and verbal communication skills are necessary for preparing reports, presenting findings, and collaborating with cross-functional teams
• Precision in financial analysis is vital to ensure accuracy in reporting and decision-making
• Open to learning about new technologies, financial regulations, and industry best practices
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ownership