MS Teams Rooms Specialist
Microserve is looking for a MS Teams Rooms (MTR) specialist to provide support for our MTR managed services clients, who would be responsible for the strategic pre-sales, deployment, support and maintenance of MTR solutions, with our clients from small business through to enterprise clients. This role can be performed remotely in Canada and will report to our Service Desk Team Lead with dotted line to our AV Services Manager.
In this role the MTR Specialist performs second level remote troubleshooting on Teams Room related issues and automated alerts. They will be responsible for identifying which support tickets require onsite support, and the level of AV skill required for each issue. As a primary point of contact for onsite support team members, the successful candidate will understand Meeting Room related interdependencies, and work with clients to troubleshoot network and account related issues, and AV Programmers for advanced room environments. They will understand the basics of Audio Visual technologies such as Digital Signal Processors, and video distribution for example. And finally, this role will be a subject matter expert of MS Teams Room Pro Portal, Certified Teams rooms and peripheral technology, and also related areas of M365 including MS Intune and Entra Conditional Access.
The MS Teams Rooms specialist is a future thinking technologist that takes a broad view of the client needs and focuses on ensuring the best possible outcome of our clients meeting spaces at all times.
• Respond to and troubleshoot escalated L1 support tickets related to Teams Room technology
• End to end ticket ownership from problem diagnosis to providing real-time support for onsite resources
• Work with various resolver groups such as network/infrastructure support teams, end user device teams, and security
• Collaborate with Audio Visual, Managed, and Professional services departments to enable our teams (and clients) to seamlessly provision and centrally manage and support Microsoft Teams Room (MTR) devices
• Assist clients in training and usage of MTR’s and associated peripheral components; including building quick reference guides and support documentation.
• Manage and support Microsoft Teams Room Pro multi-tenant partner portal; including assisting clients on MTR Pro demos, onboarding, inviting Microserve as a partner, update management, device inventory, and other related tasks.
• Assist with client pre-sales discussions relating to MTR solutions and services.
• Stay on top of Teams Rooms updates, actively participate in Microsoft Meeting Room Partner program including roadmap sessions, webinars, and ensure our clients (and internal support teams) are ready for new features, software updates or other important releases
• Maintain relevant and current training and certification for Microsoft Teams Rooms; including Microsoft Teams Room Technical Professional and Sales Professional badges, to MS-700 Teams Administration
• Constant focus on continuous improvement and proactively bringing ideas improving support experience
• Continual training and certification; in this role, Microserve will help you stay up to date with relevant certifications related to our partner competencies with vendors
• Creating status reports and presenting findings to Microserve management on an as required basis.
In addition to getting the job done, we're also committed to creating a culture that makes work rewarding. Along with the standard, high-quality benefits you expect from any top-tier employer, our folks also enjoy:
• A strong sense of community across the organization
• A casual, relaxed work environment
• Dog-friendly offices
• A full calendar of corporate activities, like holiday celebrations, bowling nights, seasonal outings and more
What You Bring
• 5+ years of hands-on Information Technology experience; a large percentage of which focused on Windows endpoint devices
• Up-to-date expertise and certifications related to specific software/hardware manufacturers would be highly desired. Some relevant examples include: Microsoft Teams Certified Administrator (MS700) or the MS Teams Rooms Technical Professional Badge
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and formally present to individuals at all levels of the organization, including translating technically complex information to varying technical audiences.
• Practical and current hands-on knowledge of MS Teams room technology and related vendor applications such as Lenovo ThinkSmart portal, Poly Lens, Logitech Sync, etc.
• Demonstrated capacity for forming and advancing relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong resourcefulness, problem solving and project management skills.
• Successful completion of a Criminal Background check
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Experienced innovative thinker with proven results in a fast-paced environment.
• Intellectual curiosity and passion for technology to stay current and informed on industry trends.