Developer - Intermediate
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
$83 228.60 - $90 035.40 Annually
The Information Services Claims Division is currently looking for Intermediate Developer to join our applications teams. In this position, you will take on the integral role of enhancing and maintaining the online tools our teams, partners and customers use on a daily basis. You will have a chance to use your skills in the areas of web and mobile friendly development, testing and deployment.
As an Intermediate Developer, you will be responsible for:
Providing technical expertise while managing and leading medium to high complex work for the design, configuration, development, and delivery of software applications.
Investigation and resolution of production problems related to the applications.
Providing estimates for business cases, impact assessments, projects and action requests in response to requests from Business Systems Analysts or Team Leads.
Develop automation methods, identify performance and system capacity requirements, and implement development tools to gain efficiencies with application development and operational support.
Review and check the work of junior developers.
Our inclusive benefits support employees’ health and well-being so you can feel your best at work and know you're supported in your day-to-day life. As an ICBC employee, you and your dependents (if applicable) will be covered by our comprehensive health and dental plans. If you’re a full-time employee, we’ll pay 100% of your health and dental premiums and those of any dependents covered under your plan.
What You Bring
This position will require someone who has 3-5 years of relevant hands-on experience or a combination of relevant post-secondary education in computer science and related business experience. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Advanced experience in a modern programming language (Java/C#/C++/python/etc.), SQL,XML, data modelling, version control tools (e.g. SVN), JIRA , ITSM tools (e.g. HPSM) and regex
• Exposure to Agile methodologies.
• Experience with Dev-Ops, build and release management, migration methodology and related toolsets (e.g. Jenkins, SPLUNK etc.).
• Hands on experience with unit testing, functional testing, automated testing and application debugging techniques.
• Experience with Enterprise Architecture including exposure to web services including REST API, queues including MQ, sync/async messaging.
• Demonstrated ownership with design of components for enterprise applications.
• Exposure to security frameworks (e.g. authentication - LDAP, AD).
• Experience defining/implementing functional/non-functional requirements.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work without supervision and in a cross-functional team environment.
• Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and learning agility.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple concurrent tasks in an environment of changing deadlines, priorities and requirements.
• Experience in supervising and mentoring junior developers including code reviews and code refactoring.
• Applied knowledge of best practices, methods and techniques of systems analysis and design to ensure effective application design.
• Experience with Guidewire PolicyCenter, Guidewire ClaimCenter, or Outsystems would be an asset.