Administrative Assistant, Office Services
Edmonton, AB, Canada
The Office Services Administrative Assistant is an active team member responsible for performing a wide range of administrative and office support functions for the department and operating groups within the company. Duties include performing errands on behalf of the organization, supporting onsite meetings, providing reception relief support, working with vendors for deliveries/services and ongoing switchboard coverage. Prioritizing customer service, good time management, and responsive, consistent communication skills are essential to complete all required tasks effectively and efficiently.
Bring your experience to Ledcor, apply to join our True Blue team in Edmonton!
• Timely response to department inquiries received via the Office Services shared inbox including, but not limited to, access card requests, office equipment/supply concerns and meeting/event related requirements
• Assist in the coordination of meetings / events by the processing event and catering support requests; scheduling and booking resources; compiling required materials; and providing catering support
• Carries out business related errands including completing deposits and bill payments at the bank; transferring equipment licensing and registration documents; and dropping off mail at the Canada Post depot
• Provide reception and switchboard coverage, including receiving and directing visitors, coordinating in-coming / outgoing courier packages, and maintaining all reception logs.
• Participates in weekly office inspections, works with supervisor to address deficiencies, and liaises with • Facilities to administrate the Handyman task list
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
What You Bring
• A minimum of one year’s experience working in an office administration role is preferred
• Completion of post-secondary coursework in office administration is an asset
• Previous reception experience in a busy, professional office environment Experience with data entry, reporting, filing, scheduling, and communications
• Basic computer knowledge including experience with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with excellent customer service focus
• Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s license, clean driver’s abstract and must have own car – Insurance level, drive safe program
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to prioritize tasks and requests from other team members and office staff
• Ability to work in a team-oriented work environment